15 Truths to grow up by....my mom always told me to stand up straight too....Thanks for some new ones I hadn't heard of or thought about before.
15 Things CrossFit Has Taught Me About Life
2. If I complain, no one wants to stand near me . . . except other complainers.
3. Finishing last is okay sometimes.
4. Finishing first feels great . . . if a bit lonely.
5. Mom was right: Stand up straight.
6. Shakespeare was right: The empty vessels make the loudest noise.
7. Keep quiet and pay attention and you’ll learn a lot.
8. Nothing feels better than that first big breath of air after you’ve deprived yourself of oxygen.
9. “Power” doesn’t mean it has an external motor.
10. “Squat” means a LOT more than the phrase “doesn’t mean squat.”
11. If someone near you yells “Oh sh**!”, jump to the side. Really, really fast.
12. What goes up does come down. Even if it only goes halfway up. And that’s usually worse.
13. If you’re going to do something, you might as well do it right.
14. Cheaters think they win. But everybody knows the truth.
15. What you put into life, you get out of life. So don’t quit. And don’t stop. Drive onward, always onward.
I feel so GUILTY reading this! I easily complain, I always forget on what number I am and have to guess (aka feel like a cheater) I still cant squat right and I talk too much.. this post taught me alot... I got some big improvements to do!
This list is great -- #11 and 13 are my favorite. However, I'll argue #7 as I always speak up and ask questions. Thanks for this!
Lisabeth, these are just great! Just shared them, with credit to you, with my gym owner/trainer who loved them. My favorite mantra that I coined: My profession is sick care, my avocation, CrossFit, IS Heatlth Care.
CrossFit taught me that there was still more to come. The best was not behind me, it was in front of me. It re-taught me to EASE THE FUCK UP...and take a look around - enjoy the scenery. It proved to me that world doesn't suck THAT bad...there are some really good people in it. It gave a pure as the driven snow field of operations in which to prove that hard work pays off. Most importantly, CrossFit let me rediscover and once again be who I really am.
#2. Ah yep. I laughed at first and then gave it more thought. and you're so right on about it. You are about a lot of things. ;c )
It took me a long time to learn number 3, but I finally made peace with the fact that you can't always be the fastest.
LOVE IT!!!!!! They all are good but I'm digging number 2 and 15 this morning! They go well together.
This is great and so true. Something to look at daily. Definately T-shirt and Poster worthy. Printing to hang in the box right now. Thanks!