- Lift it. Or quit it. Choose. Your indecision limits you more than your strength ever did.
- You can complain. Or you can pick up the barbell. But only one of these things will make you stronger.
- What good comes out of obsessing over what others think of you? That is their business. Yours is to make yourself better. So go do exactly that. The pen and the barbell and the open trail are waiting, just like they always are.
- Don’t just hurt. Learn.
- The world is a mess. But the barbell is not. Lift it.
- What is keeping you from living your best life? And why are you letting it?
- When you want to spread anger into the world, think twice. Maybe that anger is really just you, mad at yourself. So, pick up the barbell and throw it down a bunch of times. Fuck up plates instead of fucking up people.
- It’s okay to be scared. We all are when we begin again.
- When opportunity presents itself, don’t just grab it. Knock it down, toss it on your back, and sprint until you’re ready to throw up.
- I got a barbell and I got some bumpers – which means I got me.
- Step up to the bar like you own that thing, not like you’re asking permission of it or permission of this life.
- If you want good results, you simply must show up, even when you don’t feel much like showing up.
- There’s a brighter path around the corner. Drop the burdens you don’t need, and sprint towards it. Stop taking on, and watch yourself take off.
- The person who is going to free you … is you.
- Can’t find the time? That’s a lie you tell yourself. Be honest. And then make yourself a glorious life.
- Keep going. Be scared, be alone, be unsure. That’s okay. But don’t be stopped.
- We all must look life in the face, speak our flaws, and be brave enough to start working on them.
- Don’t be frightened or daunted by the challenge in front of you. A gift has been placed at your door. Open it up. Get dirty, get bloody, get bruised. Perfect may be the goal, but the path there will leave many marks. That’s okay. Your life is real. Get moving.
- Don’t chase. Never beg. Refuse to settle. You are worth more. Act like it.
- There’s nothing sexier than being who you are.
Strong Starts in the Mind
You've got a brain. Let me help you turbocharge it.
New Book Coming Soon: "The World is Brutal and You Must Be Brave"