Good reasons to do something:
- You love it.
- It needs to be done.
- Your life will be worse if it is left undone.
- Another life (or many lives) will be improved by you doing it.
- You will create beauty. (There is never enough beauty in this world.)
Bad reasons to do something:
- You’ll get revenge.
- It will make you famous. (Fame for fame’s sake only is often a Pyrrhic victory.)
- It will make people jealous of you.
- You’re bored, and you can’t think of anything else to do.
So, this thing you’re about to do? What list does it fall into?