It’s the holidays.
Families gather. Everyone smiles, for a while. Then, often, old hurts or patterns emerge. You find yourself thinking, “Why am I even here?”
But you know what? You are. So you get to choose:
- React to the latest provocative words in front of you.
- Receive what is being tossed your way.
- Imagine you don’t speak English. Listen to everyone talking but don’t hear them. Create a novel in your head while you sit there.
- Volunteer to sit at the kid’s table. I’ve done this in many years. I’d rather talk about Justice League and games anyhow.
- Take the dog for a walk. Don’t worry about giving in, just worry about getting through. Focus on outside air and deep breaths. Don’t even worry if you don’t have a dog. Walk yourself.
#5 seems like a cop-out but I find it’s the most helpful. You come back and you can take another hour.
Good luck and keep an eye out for the dog. He always appreciates another walk.
Strong Starts in the Mind
You've got a brain. Let me help you turbocharge it.